
乔治:车开得真快.路两边的风景也不错。
George: This bus travels really fast,and the roadside scenery is pretty good.
小李:有了高速公路,从上海到杭州,只要两个多小时。
Miss Li: Now that there's an expressway it takes only two hours or so from Shanghai to Hangzhou.
乔治:那今天中午就能吃上东坡肉、西湖醋鱼了
George: In that case at noon we can eat Dongpo Pork and West Lake Sour Fish for lunch.
小李:怎么你总想着吃?
Miss Li: Why is it you're always thinking about eating?
乔治:面时着西湖,喝着绍兴酒,吃着名莱,都不想回国了。
George: When I face the West Lake, drink Shaoxing Wine and eat specialty dishes 1 don't even feel the slightest bit like
going back to the U.S.
小李:你忘了,这里是天堂啊!
Miss Li: You forget that this is paradise!
乔治:我知道,“上有天堂.下有苏杭”嘛。苏州跟杭州一样吗?
George: I know,“Above is Paradise, and below are Suzhou and Hangzhou.”Is Suzhou the same as Hangzhou?
小李:各有各的特点,我觉得苏州因林更迷人。
Miss Li: They each have their respective characteristics, but I think the Suzhou gardens are more enchanting.
New Words
路上n. on the road
开v. drive
快adv. fast
两边n. both sides
不错adj. not bad, pretty good
高速公路n. expressway
只adv. only
中午n. noon
总adv. always
想v. think of
面n. face
对prep. facing, against
名莱n. famous dishes
天堂n. heaven, paradise
特点n. characteristic
觉得v. , feel
更adv. even more

